Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Could'nt have been a dream

H. G. Wells would have wanted to know how to stop time. I'd tell him..

Happens sometimes, not just in fiction. Just for a moment when time stops and everything stands still. Like the world is going around you, spinning and you're at the centre of it all. Feels far from reality, like a distant dream drawn so close. Heady feeling. Feels like a lifetime of all you've ever wanted. Its like a million thoughts running through your head, but nothing that lasts more than passing flash. A desire to hold on to it forever, but as you think .. the moment is passing. Never wanting to let it go, wanting to make it stay, holding on to it like a little girl holding on to her teddy.

Even after its gone, you can't stop smiling. Or stop thinking if it was indeed a dream or ... a dream...
The thoughts linger, hopes of there being another timeless moment still tucked away in a deep, but not forgotten, corner. Waiting for the comet to come back soon..

12 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Keshav said...

Ok!! Now what was this all about?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Joviel said...

LOL .. I wonder!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger KAD said...

I am lost.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Joviel said...

hey hey kannnnu cute snap !!!!!!!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

I dont know why Apps but this post got me into 'reverie' mode. I like this post. Also, pls let me know what I can refer to u as :P. Made do with Apps but guess thats what close friends call ya!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Joviel said...

@tigress - Close friends call me appu :) apps is just my blog name.. You can pick either, tho ppl have told me appu sounds like a baby elephant :-D

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Oh yeah...Appu ghar! :P

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Joviel said...

Thank you !.. :PP

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger John Doe said...

hey! just a random assortment of whatever i come across/think....but this entry of yours , i am lost as well..

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Joviel said...

Need to feel it to know it :D

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger KAD said...

Please update your blog. EOM.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Samba said...

Reverie!

I can't recollect when I went to a reverie last. I can't even recollect when I last smiled blissfully. Pro'ly before I lost my igorance! These days it is more of customary smiles, cowboy squints and being creative rather than feeling it. :(

Guess I need to get sloshed to shake off my masks and be the romantic animal that I was. Guess everyone needs a drink or two.

I feel like writing a poem. But.... I'm not in situations that nurture poetry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home