Sunday, June 26, 2005

Distracted

Some days are so distractive.. if I may call them so.
Countless ways I find to avoid doing anything constructive.

Where there's a will to do work.. there is also :

Gmail- one of the three wishes I asked the genie for ; Gmail notifier - the get-one-free wish along with the previous ,instant notification of all the breaking news of our group.. and if it hasnt
popped up in a while I check to make sure it's ok ;Yahoo! messenger- lots and lots of conversations, a few drawings on doodle, wordracer, a whole lot of stuff I look forward to.. MSN doesnt come close ;Yahoo mail notifier - of course they have to have it too .. tho usually its some disappointing mail.. like ones from eBay ;Hello- not shared as many pics as I have typed LOLs, clove, or a smiley to see it flowing down the screen, or brb to see it auto-expanding; Orkut - reading scraps, not usually in my scrap book, looking at weird groups people form.. oversleepers anonymous??!! its on my list, clicking view friends over n over to see where I land up, checking to see if that girl I hate doesnt have more contacts than I do .. he he ..evil smile; Office mail - Ok this is pure obsession, even tho I get a notification for every single mail, still have to open outlook and send/receive on every folder there is; Chat client at work - the best, simple and nice, not frilly, no complicated stealth settings.. basically no dividing people into groups and configuring different policies against them.. everyone is equal by Karl Marx; SMS- meaningless smses mostly from Hutch, Voice Resp, 7003.. wish it was easy to sue companies for invading private space and causing a few extra heartbeats; And last but not the least-ta da.. Blog - Reading my regular blogs, the current count is 7 , or just a - hmm I should try this new template,there's no pic in my profile, reading posts I like best and the comments on them.Never knew it could get addictive.

Back to constructive work now.. Sleeping.

5 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Forwards and messengers are main culprits of distraction.And sometimes it becomes an obligation to chat. But I have seen a person who is online in atleast 2 messengers, orkut, blogger, other's blogs, forums, gmail and others, all the time!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Whoah! The story of my life..well almost!:P. Forever hooked on to Y!, orkut..man I have to kill the friend who introduced to that..thankfully smsing is not cheap here and I have no patience to msg..life aint the same since the advent of Gmail :D.
lol>>> for the Karl Marx comment ;)!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Oh sorry btw..since my name is too long..you can refer to me as Crouching tigress..thats not short either..so loser would be fine as well.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Joviel said...

@deepti - :) that person must be me :PP. Actually its not just the msgers and mails etc etc, but more the 'thoughts' about these from time to time that keep me distracted...

@tigress - Thats sumthing I always wanted to be called ;)) it sounds kinda cool.me Cant digest food without sms!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger KAD said...

You have been book-tagged!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home