Saturday, June 04, 2005

The terrace in my dreams

Its not a terrace garden, no fancy pots or statues, no rare colorful flowers to dress it up, no
exclusive decor, no pebbled pathways, no roof top swimming pool..

Its Square, Its got a red tiled floor, Its got thick sturdy steel railing along two sides, Its open to the sky above with square pillars that give it structure .. you can see the moon straight ahead,
and the stars, and the lights glowing at a distance, a crane moving in circular motion with the lights on it making it seem somehow like a revolving stadium, warm breeze blowing unrestricted , coz its the highest I can see in miles. I'm standing there with my hands along the warm railing.. warm coz its still cooling off the day's sun, and I suddenly get this feeling that I'm air bourne. I'm flying ( Now I kinda get the emotion behind that Titanic scene :P ). And although I'm not a big fan of heights, this is a good feeling.
Aah, but it isn't the height thats making me fly. Just the mood .... light, calm, blissful,peaceful, ah yes peaceful is the word... I would rather put it as - uncontaminated.

But they often say ( who they ? Well, me is saying ) dreams are a potpourri of moments from reality.

Standing there today, watching a plane heading to land, I realized I was smiling.

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Dreams are a potpourri of moments from reality...hmmm that makes me smile! And I agree, simplicity is more appealing than most things!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger i-me-myself said...

That's a good description of 'your' terrace and of life's peaceful moments. Beautiful...

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Joviel said...

That makes three of us.. And busy-be you can come share 'my' terrace, whenever! I feel generous today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home