Monday, June 06, 2005

Vegetarians at your own risk !

Ok this article would have probably gone to The Times of India or Deccan, but for the lack of jurisdiction and consumer rights in our country and also coz .. well read on...

There I am with my family, at Chungs - one near Ramaiah, enjoying a nice Veg Chinese dinner..if there's any such thing. Dim lights.. (Now I know why), Parents irritated by the periodic tee-tee on my cell phone and my constant smsing. Tho this was hardly irritation compared to what was coming.

I'd finished what I ordered..Chinese Choupsey.Its white, bland, and yummy ( tho ppl used to the more desi tastes would strongly disagree and are free to post any comments).Everyone else , still savouring the multi-colored indianized Chowmein, taro nest, etc etc.

Bro ( making a funny face ) : What's this?? ( Putting it on the soup plate)..

All of us inspecting it as if its a baby dinosaur hatching.

Everyones dropped their forks. And I've actually stopped smsing!

Waiters have a sixth sense and they realized one of them is pretty much screwed right now.

Dad: ( to one of them ) Can you call the manager.

Manager arrives at his own convinience. By then I've put the cell phone into my pocket. Now, the frequent references to cell phone are just to give a feel of how sucked I was into the whole situation and how much it had shaken me and disrupted my normal activities.

Manager ( taking his glasses off and almost diving into the plate to get a "closer" look ): Oh.

Dad: Isn't this chicken?

Manager (sighing): We'll replace this.

Me .oO( Is that all u've got to say ?? )

Dinner was pretty much done with more than half the stuff on the plate appearing suspicious.

Waiter: Sir, here's the bill. We've cancelled one dish, you can pay for the rest of the food.

Me .oO ( So we need to find pieces of chicken in the rest of the dishes to get some courtesy out of you guys ?? )

Us exiting from the door.. Most would think the play ends here. Nope, this is just Scene I.
Manager's in view.

Dad: You ought to be more careful.

Manager *grins*: Yes Sir.

Me.oO ( Why are you showing your teeth )


Dad: It's absolutely unacceptable. This can go to the food inspector.

Manager *grins* nodding.

Me.oO ( Grin once more and you'll be mighty sorry )

Manager *grins*: I understand.

Me.oO ( Do you Mr. )

Boom boom.

Next thing I know Dad's pulling me away and out of the restaurant.

After all has cooled down and I've been reunited with my cell, Mom dad and bro finally think its safe to talk to me again.
Mom smiles and says, "He probably wasnt grinning, he just had no orthodontic treatement in his younger days.."
And I smsed.

12 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger i-me-myself said...

I hope you gave them a good piece of your mind!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Joviel said...

He he I did I did.. thats why dad dragging me out part.. almost like the Hindi movies where the hero is trying to beat up the bad guy:P

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Keshav said...

That's exactly why you should turn into a non vegeterain!! No hastles, you don't have to be attentive about what they are serving!

New name for you - Lady Gabbar singh!!
:P

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Joviel said...

Ya ya right.. you wud understand the sentiments if you were a vegetarian and sumone kept grinning like that.. grrr....

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Hahahahaha..Could I feel more empathy?! Similar thing happened to me at a chinese restaurant in Blore! Sigh I miss vegetarian indian chinese food tho! You go girl, Lady Gabbar Singh or not!:D

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Keshav said...

Who's grinning!! Who can, infront of Lady Gabbar!! All I grinned about was your new name!!

Suits you fine!!
:D

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Joviel said...

Keku , you call me gabbar and I'll start calling u TIMEBOMB !!!! LOL

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Keshav said...

Timebomb!!!!!

But why????

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger i-me-myself said...

bwahahahaha...timebomb is perfect for keku!!!!!!!!! Appu, i had no idea u had it in you :))

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Keshav said...

Busy-be(!): You pray for your life now!! The bomb is about to click!!
:P

People please tell me the reason... I am clueless!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was served non-veg kadai instead of a veg one in Shezan and I was furious!!I threw my tantrums and even more coz its my regular place.But the manager was very sorry and apologised profusely.Its no longer my fav place now.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Joviel said...

Used to my fav place too.. this one.. and most convenient, anytime Chinese. But I'm not stepping in there again :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home