Sunday, April 16, 2006

Blogs without titles are IN

Are you addicted to being online? Even if there's nothing to do you just have to login ?You stay online for hours together fooling around when you very well know tht you are , well, just fooling around? Worry no more. I've started this column where I attempt to help people find the meaning of life.. once again and along with that comes a reassurance that there are things to do other than being on the net...
Here are a few thing's I've personally decided to do. Now, they might seem pretty obvious at first but give them a second look. . and .. you would've already read my post twice.
I'm not going to login to vpn unless I really intent to work.
I'm going to try not to work on weekends which I anyway quit months ago, but when you make promises of this sort something just has to creep that'll make you have to log in.
If I intent to speak to anyone, I would rather call them or if my fingers complain about lack of exercise , I'll sms. I think I'd prefer sms - its a therapy. Picking up the phone and calling will be covered in later stages of rehab.
If people want to contact me, they would have to do so via phone or sms. Maybe I'll check gmail or yahoo once a day. I will have to club myself not to login every fifteen minutes but thats part of self-control.
There will be withdrawl symptoms like feeling dizzy, getting uncontrollably agitated, etc. At those times, lock yourself in a room. Sans your laptop obviously !
Blogging multiple times a day is also helpful. Tho please use Save as Draft to avoid inflicting pain to others.
Start finding enough motivation to work properly for 8 hours on weekdays.. Now thats a tough one.
Come back home and avoid climbling upstairs until your eyelids are heavy and things ppl say are getting more and more distant. Leave your laptop safely in the bag downstairs. Otherwise it might creep up to you while your asleep.
Note that if you feel an irrestible urge to blog after getting home. Just type it out offline and post it the next day from work. Feel free to misuse the resources at work.. Like I'm doing right now.
All this said, I must get off blogspot, .... *sigh* do I really have to ?

4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger KAD said...

I like the "If people want to contact me, they would have to do so via phone or sms.". For starters, start picking up the phone and use the mobile true to its name "mobile"!!! :P

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger KAD said...

And disable comment approvals..takes the fun out of commenting. Enable anonymous comments...brings more fun into commenting. Hehe!! :)

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Wow you are saying bye to blogspot eh? I have been thinking about it as well..but I always have so much to say. A fresh, new blog where no one knows you is a good idea. You in the sense..one.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Joviel said...

@kan - i dont care too much for some anon person's comments so not gonna enable tht..:) Picking up the phone.. well i'm wrking on it :|

@searchin - seaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarchinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. where have u been .. missed u on my blog :D muah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home